We get asked a lot for trainer recommendations so here are our favorite ones in New Jersey!
In no particular order
1. Training That Heels – Jackson, NJ
2. Canine Connection – Lebanon, NJ
3. Beyond The Walk – Newton, NJ
4. Sit Means Sit – Bordentown, NJ
5. Corrected Canines – Brick, NJ
We’re sure there are other good ones in NJ, but these are just our favorites! Feel free to share trainers you’ve used and loved, as well!
Tips for hiring a good dog trainer
- Having a “certification” is always a plus, but definitely not necessary! Always ask how they became trainers and if they’ve done any previous training or an apprenticeship under another trainer.
- Good to find a trainer that aligns with your values! We personally love balanced dog training and feel it is the most effective!
- Check out the Google & Facebook Reviews of the business, as well as client testimonials!
- A good dog trainer should not “guarantee” results. The biggest factor that is contingent on the success of the training is what happens at home after the training is completed.
- You should be able to ask the potential trainer for “Before” & “After” content – it’s 2022, there’s no excuse for a good trainer to not be able to exemplify the work they’ve done. Especially if they have footage of work they’ve done in cases similar to your dog!
- A good trainer should offer follow up services or continued communication after training is completed since a lot of the training occurs at home with the owners.