We get asked a lot for trainer recommendations so here are our favorite ones in New Jersey!
In no particular order
1. Training That Heels – Jackson, NJ
Facebook: Training That Heels
2. Canine Connection – Lebanon, NJ
Facebook: Canine Connection
3. Beyond The Walk – Newton, NJ
Facebook: Beyond the Walk – Daycare Boarding Training
4. Sit Means Sit – Bordentown, NJ
Facebook: Sit Means Sit Dog Training – New Jersey
5. Corrected Canines – Brick, NJ
Facebook: Corrected Canines Dog Training
We’re sure there are other good ones in NJ, but these are just our favorites! Feel free to share trainers you’ve used and loved, as well!
Tips for hiring a good dog trainer
- Having a “certification” is always a plus, but definitely not necessary! Always ask how they became trainers and if they’ve done any previous training or an apprenticeship under another trainer.
- Good to find a trainer that aligns with your values! We personally love balanced dog training and feel it is the most effective!
- Check out the Google & Facebook Reviews of the business, as well as client testimonials!
- A good dog trainer should not “guarantee” results. The biggest factor that is contingent on the success of the training is what happens at home after the training is completed.
- You should be able to ask the potential trainer for “Before” & “After” content – it’s 2022, there’s no excuse for a good trainer to not be able to exemplify the work they’ve done. Especially if they have footage of work they’ve done in cases similar to your dog!
- A good trainer should offer follow up services or continued communication after training is completed since a lot of the training occurs at home with the owners.